Medusa piercing, AKA Philtrum piercing is located under your nose septum in the center region of the upper lip. It was named by Medusa piercing after a Canadian hairdresser and there’s no specific meaning behind the name.
It’s mainly popular between younger crowd for the piercing location and its visibility.
The healing timeline of Philtrum (Medusa) piercing is 2 to 4 months but obviously it’s different between people, as in some cases it takes 6 to 8 weeks only. The aftercare is the most important thing of the healing process as well as to prevent any infection or complications, despite of all that in some cases your body might reject the jewelry material.
Please note: always ask a certified piercer about all the aftercare procedures and in case of any complication, please seek an immediate help from a professional medical doctor, ignoring the issue could lead to having scares, loosing teeth, gum complication or any other issue.
Here are some after care tips to use:
- Clean the piercing with a sterilized cotton ball dipped in warm salt solution two times a day
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water after eating
- Use a mild soap for rinsing the pierced region while bathing
- Dry the piercing by gently patting with a clean paper towel
- Use a toothbrush having soft bristles and a mild toothpaste for brushing your teeth
- Do not use any antiseptic mouthwash
- Avoid eating hot, spicy and sticky foods
- Stay away from smoking or consuming alcohol
- Avoid applying antibacterial creams, lotions, or cosmetic products on the piercing
The aftercare steps has been taken from www.bodypiercingmag.com (http://bodypiercingmag.com/medusa-piercing-philtrum-piercing.html)
If you own a piercing shop or you sell body jewelry in your store, you can update your collection with us; check out our website for a wide variety of jewelry selection as well as you can register to our news letter to receive updates, new releases and offers in www.hollywoodbodyjewelry.com